Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who let the dogs out?!

Well today one of my best friends took off to Florida for the week.  He has family down there, so him taking this trip is pretty normal.  Usually he goes anywhere from 4-10 times a year.  When he is gone, I take care of his cat, grab the mail, etc. Typical house sitting chores.  So of course, he is taking off and I agreed to do this for him again.  Except one thing is different this time; he got a puppy about a month ago  

I should have said "No can do, I'm leaving town too."

But I'm not, so I didn't.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!

I am extremely nervous about this.  A puppy?  Now he is about 18 weeks old, and he is pretty much potty trained and what not, but I have no real experience with dogs or puppies whatsoever.
 
I don't have any pets right now.
When I was growing up, we had a golden lab that was my Aunt's that we took care of for about 2 years. I was about 7.  I didn't take care of the dog.
Other than that, my mother never wanted to have pets.  The extent of having pets was fish, and I was okay with that.  I love fish.  Why not?  They swim in a tank; they're not loud.  They don't shed.  You feed them and when or if necessary, you clean their tank.  One dies, you buy another.  You get it.  I love having fish.

So this is why I am freaking out.  
I am the girl that gets nervous when dogs jump on her because I am afraid that they are going to attack me, bite me, scratch one of my eyes out, or knock me over.  Dogs usually "sense" that I am scared of them or something and so they tend to keep jumping on me and make my life a paranoid hell when I am around them.  Okay I know I  sound crazy, but I can't help it.  They scare me.

Now I also have several other thoughts going through my mind while he is gone:

What if he gets loose and I can't catch him?
What if he gets sick?
What if I can't get there on time and he has an accident in the house?
What if he rips something, like furniture, to shreds?
What if he goes crazy and rips me to shreds?!?!
What if I don't go and take care of him enough times a day?
How long am I supposed to stay and "play" with the puppy?
Do I take him for walks?
I could go on and on, but I'll just stop right there.

He gave me the basic information and I am sure I will call him at least once while he is gone with some sort of question strictly pertaining to the puppy.

I'm just praying this is going to go well and I have no problems with the puppy while he is gone!  This week seriously can't go by FAST ENOUGH!!





hahahahaha!!  Remember this song?  
Who Let the Dogs Out? - Baha Men

1 comment:

  1. Omg... I remember when that song was like the big thing to play at parties in high school.

    I've given you a blog award :)

    http://thejinger.blogspot.com/2010/09/life-is-calling-how-far-will-you-go.html

    ReplyDelete