Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shut up

That guy.  I think you've all met him.  You could have met him anywhere.  

He is attractive.  He has a great smile.  He dresses nicely and presents himself well.  From a distance.  You make eye contact.  
He approaches you or you approach him.  He is still smiling.  His eyes are gorgeous.  He smells good.  
You get the point.
And then?  He opens his mouth and starts talking.
The thing is, you wish he never even started talking after about a minute or two.

Sound familiar?
I had this experience once again while I was at school.  Jeez.  AGAIN?! Now, everyone has different things that intrigue them and certain things that turn you on or off.  By no means would I even consider myself picky or say that I have a "specific type" of guy that I'm looking for.  Let me tell you though, he was NOT IT.

Well...he was going on and on about himself, from what he liked to drink to his birthdate and his entire life story.  Where he lived, his past two jobs, his favorite food, the sports he played when he was younger, etc.  There was absolutely nothing left to even imagine or question.  While he was talking, he would keep eye contact, but taking frequent moments to stare at his reflection in the window.  He was also trying to convince me he had some supernatural powers like those of a superhero.  What?  This was all in a matter of about 7 or 8 minutes.  I can't even believe I let the one-sided conversation go on that long.  I found the entire experience quite annoying, actually.  

It was one of those instances that is the perfect example of why looks don't matter.  

  I wanted to shove crumpled up paper in his mouth. Anything.  Hit him in the head with my textbook.  Something to get him to just turn off and shut up.  He wanted my number.  

He must have been crazy if he thought this was going well.  

At this point, I had given every indication that I was completely not interested besides actually coming out and saying, "I'm not interested."  Obviously, I declined to give him my number.  I had enough; I just turned around and continued doing my work.  Ugh.  Why does this always happen?! 

I don't like to waste my time, and that's exactly how this conversation felt, Like a waste of time.  Does this happen to anyone else?



Shut Up - The Black Eyed Peas

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I hate guys like that, and seem to meet them all the time. My friends always make fun of me for going for the nerdy-looking guys sometimes, but hey at least those have personality and are genuinely interested in you and not checking themselves out in the windows! I stumbled upon your blog from 20SB and love it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I always feel like I meet these guys a lot too!! I don't think there is anything wrong for going for nerdy looking guys. Like you said, at least they have personality and are genuinely interested in you! To me, that is so important. Thanks for checking out my blog; I'm glad you are enjoying it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your comment on my blog, thought i'd check your out. Very interesting topic here... You can't get discouraged about talking to someone who just "wasn't it". You might feel like you always meet those type of guys, but at least you can happy with the fact that you found out right away he wasn't interesting. 10 mins of your life is not a waste. Now a few dates, or a month, thats a waste. Gotta weed out the crap to find the good... IMO anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pose an interesting, yet positive point here! I must say I do agree with what you said. Ten minutes of my time is CERTAINLY not a waste, especially since I have been in situations that were pretty bad and let them drag on for months, or even years. I appreciate you checking out my blog, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete