Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Time to Get Ill

Today I woke up and realized I had a few missed phone calls from a close friend of mine, C.  It seemed as though her calling may have been urgent, so instead of getting up and having my morning coffee and breakfast first, I called her right away.  She could tell I was barely awake.  When she answered, she three-way called another one of our close friends, Roe.  


Once Roe answered, C said:  So, will you guys be in my wedding?!


Finally.  It was what she had been waiting for.  After several years, she had finally gotten engaged!  I could not have been more excited for her, and I was honored that she had asked me to be in the wedding.  


Wait.  Be IN the wedding?  After I shared my excitement and congrats with her, my next immediate reaction was, 'Ohhh man.  I am going to have to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress now...'


My excitement transformed from girly-shrieking thrill to instant horror.  I have been trying to get back on track with losing weight, which has been a challenge with the contradicting weight gain from quitting smoking, and the fact that I can't do any distance running or strenuous cardio because of a long-term ankle injury I have had to deal with.  


Anyway, I gladly accepted her offer, but let's be serious though.  Nobody wants to be the "fat" bridesmaid.


At least she isn't planning on getting married for another year or two, so I will certainly have plenty of time to get back in shape before having to endure the feeling of humiliation while trying on dresses.  Thank goodness.  


Time to up the ante on the workout plan.  




Time to Get Ill - Beastie Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment