Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You're So Vain...

People change.  Things change.  I obviously know that.  Usually people intentionally try to change for the better, while others change for the worse without even realizing it.  How do you tell someone that without them flying off the handle?  I feel like its a dirty job that someone has to do, but I think it is challenging to tell someone they've changed without them having a poor reaction.  Especially when they're family.  


It is pretty unfortunate when you see someone who is normally down-to-earth and laid back turn into a selfish, arrogant, self-absorbed, plain-ol' mean person.  (I even feel awkward writing those words in regards to the person in mind.)  It sucks and it really bothers me because I feel like I am starting to miss an old version of a person that I am never going to get back.  Obviously in describing those character traits though, there is no easy way to really tell someone that this is the way you now feel about them.  


I'm thinking that maybe they're just going through a phase and that these new found character traits will just breeze by and he'll revert to his old, more personable ways.  I do wonder though, if I can see this, how many other people around me feel the same way?








You're So Vain - Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment