Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Typical Situation

Emotionally unavailable.  Have you heard that one before?  I've been there.  I've witnessed other people go through it.  They haven't gotten over their exes who have moved on.  They're "scared" of a commitment.  They're into someone who isn't into them, but won't give up.

 What.the.hell?

I guess when people are in this situation, they are so focused on dwelling on these feelings that they don't even realize that they're shutting themselves out from the rest of the world and other opportunities.  Or maybe that's just how I'm seeing it.  Maybe these people DO realize that they are shutting themselves out, and have no intention whosoever to move on anytime soon.  

Obviously I bring this up because I am attracted to someone who is "emotionally unavailable."  All signs point in that direction anyway.  Woof.  I really didn't see that one coming.  We do have a great time when we are together and he is incredibly easy to talk to and get along with.  I love hanging out with him! 

I'm pretty sure this situation screams, "I'm going to be in the friend-zone f-o-r-e-v-e-r."

Call me selfish, but I am incredibly tired of being number two.  I've played that role before, and shit - we all know it sucks to be second best.  I don't even want to come close to putting myself in a situation of that nature.  Also, I think its tricky to just be the friend who is "there for you, no matter what."  How is that even possible when you have feelings for the guy talking about his ex?  Bad idea.

Long story short - this is going on the back burner.  I'm certainly not going to try and pursue something that would clearly be over before it even started.  At least not right now.  Maybe this will be something to talk about (on a happier note) in the future.






Typical Situation - Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment