Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Missing You

Have you ever found yourself missing someone and you can't exactly figure out why?  

A person that you spent most of your time with, but you suddenly haven't talked to or seen them in over a month?

One of those people that you constantly cross that fine line between friendship and being "more than friends" all of the time, even though you know they're not necessarily good for you?  (You know you'd be better off as friends and sometimes wished you had never crossed that line time and time again.)

Have you stared at your phone and dialed their number, only to never actually press the send button over and over again?

You could talk to them about almost anything and would never think twice about calling, so why is it so hard to place the call now?


Ughhh.  I don't understand it.  I hate missing people.  I hate having this feeling.  

Part of me wants to just pick up the phone and make that call so I could get this burning feeling out of my system.  The other part of me thinks that there is clearly a reason we haven't talked in over a month.  But what if there isn't a reason?  What if that person is sitting there thinking the exact same things as me?  I guess I just don't know why things like this that are so simple, end up becoming such difficult decisions.


I don't want to miss you.  I hate missing you, but I hate not seeing you.  Ugh.  Maybe this feeling will pass...


Missing you - John Waite

2 comments:

  1. It's awful! I'm sorry Rican! It's the worst feeling in the world. BUT it does get easier. This part of the process SUCKS but this is the part when you start to heal a little bit. The itch of calling will be there, but it will get shorter as time goes on. Then you think about calling, and maybe eventually you do ... but how do you feel after? Was it worth it? To start over again from scratch? Such a catch-22! I'm always here for you! I'm sure you know this by now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you too! and we both definitely know how this feeling goes...it sucks! but of course, as you can see from above, i did end up calling LOL

    ReplyDelete