Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hello

Okay so I did it.  I called him.  I knew I would.  

After I finished my previous post, I did a few random things and then picked up my phone without hesitation.  Except that time, I actually pressed the send button.

I'm actually glad I called.  We chatted for a few minutes and just caught up on the things that we missed out on in each others lives in the past few weeks (basically the same shit we're always going though) and told each other silly stories we knew that the other would find amusing.  It was pretty much like no time had passed at all.  

There always seems to be a few people in your life that happens with, when you can just pick up where you left off with no gaps left in between.
I don't really know what kind of satisfaction I got out of it, whether it was just to get that nagging feeling off of my chest that was telling me to reach out, or to avoid that awkward hello and that intense stare we give each other whenever time goes by and we see each other again.  Either way, I knew once I hung up the phone, I did feel a lot better.  In the grand scheme of things, I suppose that's all that matters. 


Hello - T.I.

2 comments: