Thursday, August 26, 2010

Breathe

Okay, so really, what am I supposed to say?  I guess I'll start with the usual: Sorry I haven't written, I don't know what to say, I feel like I just babble...blah, blah, blah.  You already know.

Well- that's pretty much the truth.  I still feel like I'm stuck in a fucking hole that I'm still trying to dig myself out of.  So lets do a quick, very quick recap on the past few weeks, since everything has seemed to remain the same and not much has changed:

School, One bright note: I'm still going, but I transferred colleges to focus more on what I really want to do at this point.  I'm glad I did it.  For the first time in my life, I am really excited to start this semester and work hard.  The new college I am attending seems like a much better fit and a lot less like a caddy high school reunion full of familiar faces and meaningless conversations.  YES.

I still can't find a job.  SHIT.  I hate being broke and it is definitely a struggle to pay bills with imaginary money.  At this point, I'm getting pretty desperate.  These days it seems like nobody calls you back unless you know someone that already works at the company or business.  

On the music side of things:  I haven't been to anymore shows this summer (well, except for The Machine, a really good Pink Floyd cover band, which was wonderful as usual) and NO FESTIVALS.  What a fucking bummer and a half.  I've decided that since I am more than likely not going to moe.down this year (unless I win tickets on the radio this weekend) I am going to pitch a tent in my backyard, sleep in it all weekend, listen to music, and get drunk as a skunk.  Why the hell not?  One last little "hooooo-raahhhh" before school starts up I suppose, and totally something I would do anyway.  No surprises there. 

And of course - what would this post be without me bitching about people?! :-)
So lets begin...

What's currently irritating me about people?  One thing that always irritates me.  People that break plans.  I have really lost patience for people who make plans and them break them, stating that they "forgot," or something came up, when you know it's not the truth.  
If you have that big of a problem making plans and not keeping your plans straight, don't bother making them, or get some sort of damn date book.  What the hell.  It's really not that difficult.  

Or if there's something you'd rather do, just be honest.  Don't lie about some petty bullshit.  You'll have a harder time remembering the lie you thought up and keeping your story straight than if you would have just told the truth in the first place. 

I seem to have taken care of that problem though, I just don't bother to make plans with people who have a trend of breaking them.  Simple as that.


Another thing I've noticed - I seem to be at that age where a significant amount of people are in serious relationships and are getting engaged or married.  Everything is just happening SO FAST!  I swear there are at LEAST 2-5 weddings and/or engagements per week.  

And even if I were actually friends enough with these people to attend their weddings, I would probably be the girl that is bringing a different date to each wedding  (aka one of my guys friends that I suited up and asked to accompany me.)
Believe me when I say this, I am in NO RUSH whatsoever to get married or even engaged at this point in my life, but I'm just saying.  It strange how time flies.  


One other quick side note: Sometimes it seems like people are on quickly sinking ships and only want to bring you down with them.  You jump I jump, right?  No, Not this girl.   

I don't know what has gotten into people lately, if they are just straight up that bored or miserable or curious or whatever, but people, calm down with the damn crazy ass drugs.  I swear.  
I am no angel by any sort of the definition, and I'm not one of those "d.a.r.e." or "Just Say No" advocates by any means, and I am usually one to just accept people and let them go on their merry ways, but the excessive use is just ridiculous.  Your brains have seriously = GONE.

They are taking people's minds over (well, obviously) and making them fucking crazy.  Or not even making them people at all.  There are sooooo many people I thought I knew that have changed, or just don't care anymore, or are seeing/hearing/thinking things that aren't even there or happening.  Like, what the hell?  Just get it together, for your own good...that's all I'm saying. 

Anyway - Now that I've taken a deep breath and got that all off of my chest, I feel much better...and at this point hopefully things are only going to get better...I'm really trying to make changes for the better, and worry more about myself (hopefully) and less about other people...



Breathe - Pink Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment