Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Learn

Okay so it's official! I am definitely t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e at remembering to freakin' write on this thing. However, I am definitely going to try to get better at it again (even though I have made this promise before, I'm really going to try harder this time!!)

Anyway, it's been the same crap different day. Life seems to be somewhat of a struggle at this point: financial problems, no job currently, no health insurance, people constantly fighting, and plenty of stressed out people (including myself) all around. Blah, blah, blahhh you get it. I've definitely noticed this has been a pretty popular theme amongst people in America these days so I'm certainly not expecting anyone to cue the violins. It happens, and somehow, we're all just going day in and day out, trying to make things work as best as we can.


At least in what seem to be hard times, there has been plenty of good music (thank goodness because it is my sanity) good weather, and for the most part, great friends. It has definitely been another one of those points in my life that is making me have another reality check (and getting priorities straight) and starting to make me really take notice of the relevant people and truly important things surrounding me.

It is always a pretty sad scenario when you begin to notice people who show their true colors. Unfortunately we can't all have the satisfaction of being pleasantly surprised when people open up and we get the honor of seeing just how wonderful they really are. (that seems to be far and few.) Most of the time, it works out in a completely opposite manner; the point when people start showing how selfish, rude, deceitful, thoughtless, and two-faced (etc, etc) they actually are. What a shame. I get that people have to take care of themselves, but when does it get to the point where people realize that they have gone too far and that they are actually harming the people around them and breaking bonds faster than it took to make them? Seriously, its sad.

Then there are those people who you know that you thought you knew, but have changed so much that you don't even know how to relate to them anymore when it used to come so naturally. People certainly change, but it is always tough to watch someone change for the worse and not even realize how destructive the path they're on actually is. Heartbreaking is the only word that comes to mind. It makes you wonder, how the hell did they get to this point?

I mean, what do you do? Do you try and communicate with these people and tell them that you're worried about them? Or do you let it go? Sometimes its easier said than done. And then there's that good ol' saying "you can't help people who don't want to be helped." Should you share your concern and tell them you're worried, or is it a waste of time because it may as well have been like talking to a brick wall? I really don't know...

On the bright side of things, it is always nice to know you have those people in your life that you will always be there for and that will always be there for you, no matter how hard times get. You can trust them with your life, and they are the most sincere, genuine, and loyal people. Thank you to those people for bringing out of the best in life and in me, and being such amazing people :-)

You Learn - Alanis Morissette

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you blogged!! Idk if you looked at my page at all, but I've been blogging on such a regular basis I've actually made friends??? lol! Yeah, but I have. So you should definitely use this as an outlet Rican! :) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i figured you would see this and be shocked, hahaha, but I am actually going to really start getting better at writing on here and using it as an outlet...I really do feel better after I've written something!! I love you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete