Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Okay, so I realized that I have a tough time keeping up and writing on here daily because I have absolutely nothing to talk about!  Lately I have been pretty reclusive, so that doesn't leave me much to talk about, other than bitching about the things I already know or had been going through before this random stage.  Well, my birthday was last Saturday and I definitely had a great time!  It was nice to leave the house and see a lot of my friends.  I always get a strange sort of anxiety when it is my birthday, but it really was fun and in all honesty, I had nothing to worry about!  


There's not too much to speak on about my birthday, I pretty much do the same thing every year.  My father's birthday is the day before mine, so we go out for a few drinks on the evening of his birthday, and then stay out until after midnight to ring in my birthday!  Well this year was more than the typical "few drinks," but hey, we had a really fun time at one of our favorite bars with family and friends.  Another highlight was that one of my best friends had come into town from down south, and I hadn't seen him in two years!  Also, because we know the bartenders, the shots were never ending and way bigger than they needed to be.  I think I must of drank half a bottle of Jameson on top of the Bud Lights I was drinking. Ohh boy.  Needless to say, I was home by 1 am and woke up the next morning still wearing my dress from the night before.  Great.

The next day (my actual birthday,) I went to lunch with my brother and a few friends at the Olive Garden.  I guess we had discussed doing this the night before, but I didn't remember.  At least they did, and it was WELL worth it!  I'm telling you, the bottomless soup, salad, and bread sticks is definitely the way to go during the lunch hour there!  We all ate a bunch of food, and it was delicious!  

That night, much to my dismay, we went downtown.  I am generally not a fan of downtown because I truly believe that I overstayed my welcome down there between the ages of 19-21.  Well I went anyway, and I was greeted by a lot of my friends and had another fantastic night.  It was also kind of cool to see Arinze Onuaku out and about, one of members of the Syracuse Men's Basketball Team.  We stayed until closing, and once again I came home, passed out, and woke up in the dress I was wearing the night before.  Both times, it make me think, geez...I can't believe I used to do this ALL THE TIME.  It is fun every once in a while, but I know I'm not going to be doing this again anytime soon.  Side note - Jameson (the whiskey) and I are definitely fighting.  I don't want to meet up with him for a while!!  

Another year has gone by and I'm another year older.  Really I clearly don't feel any older and its not like I had a birthday party or anything to distinguish that it was my birthday.  It was kind of funny because one of my really good friends asked me if my family had a cake for me.  I almost keeled over and died from laughter.  I haven't had a birthday cake since I was like, 12 or 13 years old maybe?  Is this not normal or something?  I didn't think that once you got older you really needed to HAVE a birthday cake or anything.  Then I think she almost keeled over because she still gets birthday cakes every year.  I think she felt like I was shafted.  I said nope, we don't get cake, we do shots, and I'm okay with that!  She didn't have an answer!  

Like I said, I had a fantastic time, but I also couldn't believe that I used to go out and get that wasted almost every single day.  I definitely can't do that anymore, nor do I want to.  I realized it is fun to go out and have drinks with your friends, but not every single day.  Oh well!  Happy Birthday to me:-)

Happy Birthday - Stevie Wonder (my favorite birthday song ever!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment